Call for Art
The Museum of Northern California Art is seeking works created by
Black Artists residing in Northern California.
All media accepted.
Deadline to Submit is October 6, 2022 by 5 pm.
In collaboration with Butte County Office of Education, monca is pleased to announce “Black Voices in Art” to coincide with an exhibition of “Footsteps to You”, a traveling collection of artifacts from pre-slavery to freedom.
The exhibition runs from October 27 to December 4, 2022.
Reception: October 28, 6-8 pm
The museum’s exhibition committee will make the final selections for the exhibition. The exhibit will be held at the Museum of Northern California Art (monca) 900 Esplanade in Chico.
To apply: Submit your art (up to 3 distinct works) with this form. Application fee of $35 for non-monca members and $25 for monca members is due by October 6, 2022 by 5 pm. If you wish to submit more than 3 works, please fill out the form a second time for an additional fee of $10 for each piece. The museum’s exhibition committee will make the final choice of artworks. Artists will be notified of the decision on or before October 12, 2022.
ELIGIBILITY: Original works created by Black artists residing in Northern California, defined as San Jose and all points north, east, and west to the state border. All exhibited artworks must remain in the exhibition until 5 p.m. on the last day of exhibition.
Please click on the link below to the online form.
- [Click here for submission form] – The form requires: Artist’s name, address, phone(s), email address, along with image files and info for each piece. There is also space to upload a résumé or CV (optional).
- Image files and labeling: Images should be in .jpg or .png format. Name the file with the artist’s name followed by 1, 2, 3 etc. Example joesmith1.jpg
- If you have difficulty with the form, [please click here for word doc version of the form] and email content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If for sale, retail price should include a 50% museum commission. Prices will not appear on museum signage but instead will be available upon request at the reception desk.
- ENTRY FEE: $35 ($25 for monca members) for up to 3 entries ($10 for each additional entry). All fees are non-refundable. Payment (check, cash, or credit card) must reach monca by 10/6, at 5 pm
- Make check payable to monca and write “Black Voices in Art and your telephone #” in the memo. Your canceled check is your receipt
- Membership information can be found at monca.org
- For credit card payment, call 530.487.7272 or pay in person at monca, 900 Esplanade, Chico, CA during museum hours: Thursday – Sunday, 11-5 or (NEW) pay online via this secure link.
- For cash, pay in person at monca during museum hours.
Museum of Northern California Art
900 Esplanade, Chico, CA 95926