Call for Art
For the Love of Birds
January 26 – March 19, 2023
Deadline to Submit is December 15, 2022 by 5 pm.
The Museum of Northern California Art is seeking original artwork whose subject is birds, real or imaginary, wild or not so wild for a juried exhibition to take place during Chico’s 2023 Snow Goose Festival, which celebrates the glorious migration of snow geese on the Pacific Flyway. Along with traditional art forms, we are looking for work that somehow demonstrates a unique use of materials, subject matter and approach. All media.
The exhibit will be held at the Museum of Northern California Art (monca) 900 Esplanade in Chico.
To apply: Submit your art (up to 3 distinct works) with this form. Application fee of $35 for non-monca members and $25 for monca members is due by December 15, 2022 by 5 pm. If you wish to submit more than 3 works, please fill out the form a second time for an additional fee of $10 for each piece. The museum’s exhibition committee will make the final choice of artworks. Artists will be notified of the decision on or before December 22, 2022.
ELIGIBILITY: Original works created by artists residing in Northern California, defined as San Jose and all points north, east, and west to the state border. All exhibited artworks must remain in the exhibition until 5 p.m. on the last day of exhibition.
Please click on the link below to the online form.
- [Click here for submission form] – The form requires: Artist’s name, address, phone(s), email address, along with image files and info for each piece. There is also space to upload a résumé or CV (optional).
- If you have difficulty or questions with the above form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If for sale, retail price should include a 50% museum commission. Prices will not appear on museum signage but instead will be available upon request at the reception desk.
- ENTRY FEE: $35 ($25 for monca members) for up to 3 entries ($10 for additional entry). All fees are non-refundable. Payment (check, cash or credit card) must reach monca by 12/15, at 5 pm
- Make check payable to monca and write “For the Love of Birds and your telephone #” in the memo. Your canceled check is your receipt
- Membership information can be found at monca.org
- For credit card payment, call 530.487.7272 or pay in person at monca, 900 Esplanade, Chico, CA during museum hours: Thursday – Sunday, 11-5
- For cash, pay in person at monca during museum hours.
- For online payment, use this link.
Museum of Northern California Art
900 Esplanade, Chico, CA 95926