CALL FOR ART: Those Who Teach . . . Can! – June 2 to August 28, 2020
CALL FOR ART
Those Who Teach . . . Can!
September 17 – November 1, 2020
The Museum of Northern California Art is seeking art in all media created by visual arts educators, past and present, teaching in Butte County K-12 schools, Butte College or Chico State University.
ELIGIBILITY: Original works created by current visual arts teachers in Butte County schools, or former Butte County visual art educators now living in Northern California (defined as San Jose and north). All exhibited artworks must remain in the exhibition until 5 p.m. on November 1, 2020.
● Your entry should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org Use “Teach Fall 2020” as the SUBJECT of your email. There is no entry fee for this exhibition. Each teacher/artist may submit up to three works.
● The email must contain: Artist’s name, school(s) of employment, address, phone, email address, along with image file and info for each piece. Former teachers should also include dates of employment for each school name.
Image files and labeling
● Images should be in .jpg format, naming the file with the artist’s name followed by 1, 2, 3 etc. Example joesmith1.jpg
● For each image, include: 1. Image number (from the filename) 2. Title 3. Medium 4. Dimensions 5. Date of work 6. Any special display or hanging needs 7. Price or NFS The price should include a 50% museum commission. Prices will not appear on the gallery signage, but instead will be available on request at the reception desk.
ART and ARTIST INFORMATION DELIVERY
● Work should be delivered to 900 Esplanade during the following times:
● September 3-6, 11-5 p.m.
● September 10-13, 11-5 p.m.
● All work MUST be delivered ready to hang or display. Works to hang on the wall must be wired; no sawtooth hangers. Any special display or hanging needs must be described in the application.
● Artist’s name, phone, and title of work MUST be on the back of each artwork.
● Please bring the completed delivery form (you will receive form by email no later than August 31)
● Also bring a c.v.and any other printed materials you wish to be included in the exhibition binder.
Please note: If for any reason you must ship your work, return postage arrangements will be required up front. If the work does not sell, it will be re-packaged in its original shipping materials and sent back to you at your cost.
If shipping the work, please insure it. If glazed, make sure to use plexiglass to prevent breakage since glass could damage the artwork. The museum will not be held responsible for work damaged in shipment.
IMPORTANT DATES Deadline for email entries: August 28 at 5 p.m. Artwork delivery: September 3-6, 10-13, during regular hours: 11-5 Opening reception: Friday, September 18, 5-8 p.m. Artwork pickups: Nov 1 at 5pm, Nov 5-8 and Nov 12-15 from 11-5 p.m. Works left beyond Nov 15th will be assessed a storage fee of $5 per piece, per day (Thurs-Sun). Works left beyond December 13, 2020, will become the property of monca.
Shipping insurance is the responsibility of the artist. monca insurance covers the artwork during exhibitions.
CHECKLIST (Please make sure everything below is in your application email).
_______1) Contact information (physical address, phone number, email)
_______2) Butte County school(s) where employed (If not currently employed, list dates for each school)
_______3) Image List w/description and prices—make sure your files are named according to instructions
THERE WILL BE A DELIVERY FORM TO FILL OUT IN YOUR NOTIFICATION EMAIL, WHICH YOU SHOULD RECEIVE NO LATER THAN AUGUST 31.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU SUBMITTED AN ENTRY TO THE ORIGINAL EXHIBITION SCHEDULED FOR APRIL-JUNE, PLEASE RESUBMIT. YOU MAY SEND THE SAME ENTRY, OR A NEW ONE. PLEASE DOUBLECHECK THAT YOUR IMAGE FILES ARE NAMED ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS SECTION.
MUSEUM OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA ART 900 Esplanade, Chico, CA 95926 530.487.7272